As a follow-up to our previous article, here is an essential to-do list during first trimester of pregnancy. Before moving forward, we would like to provide a brief recap of our first article:
– Take your recommended daily dose of folic acid supplement
– Check thoroughly before taking any medicine
– If you smoke, try quitting smoking
– Limit your alcohol consumption
– Cut down your caffeine consumption
Moving forward, we would like to discuss the below mentioned points for your safety during first trimester of your pregnancy:
– Learn what to eat and what to avoid
o What does a balanced diet include? It is such a diet that has all essential nutrients that you and your baby are going to need. You can check out these posts for more such information.
o In addition you ought to avoid a number of food items that might not be good for the health of the baby. These food items include:
- unpasteurized dairy products
- Undercooked eggs
- Unprocessed shell-fish
– Obtain relief from morning sickness
o Morning sickness is experienced during first trimester of pregnancy. You can obtain relief from it by eating little but doing that often. You may not be comfortable eating certain foods, try avoiding them. Light snacks like biscuits may help.
– Watch out for the warning signs:
o Certain signs like cramps in the tummy and/or bleeding must not be ignored at any cost.
o Seek professional medical help in case such symptoms are experienced.
– Your first meeting with your baby
o If everything goes right, you would be able to meet your baby between 10 weeks and 13 weeks of pregnancy. Yes, that is the time when you get your ultrasound scan done. During the scan the sonographer would hold a device named transducer to your skin and perform the scan.
o You would be able to catch a glimpse of your baby and get to know when the baby is due!